Whitelisting a device means tells Sabil to not count these devices against the user limit. Sabil also does not return whitelisted devices in the API calls by default unless you specify it in the request.
This is helpful because in many organizations support staff impersonate a user login to assist them with an issue, or developers login as a specific user to help debug an account problem.
To do this:
- Invite the user to whitelist their device via the dashboard.
- They will receive an email with a link to visit using the desired device.
- Once they visit the link, they will confirm that this is the device to be whitelisted.
- After confirming, you'll see in the dashboard that a device is identified and ready for whitelist.
- Approve the device to be whitelisted. You can reject a whitelisting at any time and invite the user again.
- Each invite can only be used for one device. You can send multiple invites to the same email address.